Wednesday 15 June 2011

Canucks (A Post About the Riots)

So let me start this off by saying. I AM NOT A BANDWAGONER. I don't LOVE hockey but nor do I hate it. I simply enjoy getting into the spirit. Same with the Olympics.
I truly thought our boys could do it. I really thought tonight we would finally take home the Stanely Cup. Sadly this not the case. As sad as I am about it there isn't much we can do. However for almost 3 hours it's been non stop news about the riots occuring downtown. Cars being set on fire. Tear gas. Rubber Bullets. Massive Crowds. The whole 9 yards.
I'm embarassed Internet. Although I am not "from Vancouver" I am embarassed to be referred to as a Vancouverite. People have told me this isn't as bad as 94 but this is still embarassing. I do appreciate however how the police were a bit more prepared but it still seems they are struggling to control the crowds as we speak. I'm actually thankful that I had to work today and missed the game. I really am.
I realize that this site isn't broadcasted that much and I doubt that any rioter will read these words but i say this. The people who had the intention to start a riot were going to do regardless of the outcome of the game. They are idiots and the lowest of the lows. I truly wish people weren't so awful here's hoping Darwin kicks in and changes that up. They have ruined the night and have tainted the reputation of canucks fans. Also to the various news stations  do not compare this to G20 that's just ridiculous.
//

No comments:

Post a Comment