Thursday 2 June 2011

Choir, Band, and Music itself.

I am a music student. Although I am not studying it University and College or pursuing it as a career. I still consider myself a music student. I've played piano since the age of 5, sang in Senior and Junior Choir in Elementary, sang in Concert Chamber and Womens choir as well audtioned and sang in BCMEA's 2008 honour choir and was a precussionist in band. I am a music student


Tonight I went to my sister's choir concert. I have to call them that since I am no longer a choir/music student. I felt such nostalgia tonight. It's only been a year but it's been an interesting year without music . I didn't have time for piano and I don't really consider myself good enough for a choral group. But god do I miss singing. I miss hitting highnotes and harmonies. I miss it all.


I hope this summer I can get back into piano and maybe try and do some singing in my life. Even if I'm just taking voice lessons with someone. Music brings me such joy and has inspired me in so many ways it's ridiculous. And don't mean that like the stereotypical person who says music is my life. It is everyones life I guess. But I mean I go to shows and research bands and now am trying to expand my music tastes even more. It's rather awesome.


I hope by this time next year I will have more music in my life. As it's something I am lacking and I truly miss.
//

No comments:

Post a Comment